I love Poly strut bearings

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Chris Taylor wrote:

> At 01:19 AM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >Before I put my 16v on the road I am getting Koni adjustables and Neuspeed
> >race springs and figured since the shocks and springs are kinda tight and
> >stiff polyeurethane bearings might be the way to go.  The only problem I
> >have is that they are so expensive.  Are they worth it?  What I need to know
> >is if they help with ride comfort and handling or just last longer?  Thanks
> >a lot.  BTW Shawn, what are you using?
>
> This is where I draw the line.  I would NOT go there.  Stick w/ o.e.  If
> you're REALLY serious, perhaps Heavy Duty, but I would REALLY recommend not
> doing poly.  That would be too rough/too much stress.  Your strut assemblies
> would probably come up through your hood after a month of city driving.

    When I say I love my Poly Strut Bearings, I think I speak for both
  Myself and Gene Fulmer.  I have had many people tell me that dont bother
  getting the polyurethane strut bearings cuz it makes the ride too stiff.
  Lemme tell ya, if you ride is too stiff, it aint cuz of your bearings.
  I dont know about the roads in your area, but mine arent that bad,
  albeit they have done more construction this summer than ever before.
  As far as i know, if you have a sport suspension, the OE ones wont last
  as long.  Trust me, I had to replace mine for that simple fact.  I
  was and still am using Koni sport adjustable w/ Suspension Techniques
  progressive rate springs and I wouldnt do without my poly strut
  bearings.  Besides, when the guy on the phone botches the order and
  offers me way less than what they should be, I sure as hell aint gonna
  pass up that deal  :)  My 2 cents...

    Andre'