Painting Rims

After all this paint job discussion and a bit of the rim choice ive come up
with a hybrid question..
what about painting rims???
Hhah
Cause you see I have a potentialy cool situation:
(4) MSW type 21's (i think) in cheeeesy gold
(4) BBS's 5 star with white painted around them.

I really want to paint the BBS's black and ditto with the MSW's.  A friend of
mine showed me an experiment of his... he spraypainted one of his safty tires
all black with several (ok a ton) of krylon spraypaint.  The thing looked
beautiful.. i mean really good. Weather it would last with day to day use is
another question.  Soooo any comments??