Re: A1 headlights, again

At 04:09 PM 11/3/96 +0000, you wrote:

>....If I hold the headlights switch down both the headlights and the
>dims come on and even the interior light indicator for the headlights
>comes on but as soon as I release everything goes out.  If the fuses
>were blown that stuff would not come on.  There is deffinatly current
>getting to the right places but it is not remaining there once the
>dims circuit is cut off.  Perhaps a bad ground?

Perhaps a bad switch ( the stalk that you pull for hi/lo)? Sounds
like it makes the connection when you pull to flash the highs but it
does not 'hold' on hi when you release the lever. The fact that the
lights do work pretty much gives a clean bilol of health to the rest
of the system.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"