West Coast Metric. (carpet kits)

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Shawn Meze wrote:

> At 12:53 PM 11/2/96 -0800, you wrote:
>
> > Do NOT buy the carpet kit from West Coast Metric!! It is worthless.
> >
> > I bought it once, and I'm as mad as hell.
> >
> > Gene.
>

> Whats up Gene, why are you mad??
> Details.....?
>
> Shawn

 First of all, the original carpet that came with 75-81 Sciroccos had
either 4 pieces, or 5, depending on if the main floor carpet was one piece
or two.

 The West Coast Metric carpet has about 9 pieces. The front carpet goes
across the front floor in one piece that does not go up under the dash far
enough, and does not reach the doors with enough slack to press the carpet
fully to the floor.

 The back carpet is a Joke. There are seperate pieces for each side with
both a center piece, that is supposed to cover the gap in between, and a
longer piece that is supposed to go up against the bottom of the rear
seat.

 There are no directions or recomendations on how to install the carpet,
nor will the peices ever stay where you put them. The kit looks like s***
and I can't believe they still sell it.

 Do NOT buy this kit!

 Gene.