Re: Starter Shot!!

On  1 Nov 96 at 14:34, coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

>         Are there places out there that can "fix" a starter?

Yep.  But I would try to find out from some of their customers what
kind of work they do.  If they have a good rep, then I wouldn't
hesitate to have it rebuilt.  Starters aren't that complicated and
rebuilding them is commonplace.  Mark's prices for Bosch factory
rebuilds seems like a better deal tho.  It's always best to go the
original factory route cuz they will put all new parts in.  Some
rebuilders may take shortcuts due to lack of availabilty of parts.
With a factory rebuid you should avoid this.  My 2 pennies.......

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)