Why we paint our cars.......

At 11:33 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:

>YOu know I like Silver, but after owning a silver GTI for 3.5 years it felt
>like time for a change. No such luck though. WHite as a racing color? I
>think Racing colors should shout Hey look over here.

Any color done right, looks good. I dont know why VW chose white as their
racing color. Must of been a special at "Earl Scheib's". Vw silver kinds
sucks. Its too close to grey! Needs to be a definate silver like the
Mercedes or the Mazda. Thats an eyecatcher.
If your gonna have a dedicated race car, paint it wild to get the attention
ov evetybody! If your gonna drive your hot rod on the street, as a daily
driver, you need to keep it hush-hush. Thats why I chose Maita Blue with
Silver Racing stripes over the hood. Until your right on it, you dont really
notice it. I cant say that it hasnt helped me NOY get a ticket, but I know
so far I havent because it was Porsche Red!! You seen my car, you tell me?
Is it flashy enough to get noticed and yet, subtle enough to get ignored?

Shawn