What's the straight dope?

Listies:

A.  I was looking at fuel injector cleaners and saw everything from STP gas
treatment for ten thin dimes to Lubro Moly Jectron (?) for big bucks and
everything in between.  I've heard people rave about Redline SI-1 I think.
Gotta admit, I'm a little leery about putting something that looks that
close to Kool-AidÅ into my gas tank.  Bottom line:  are all these products
basically the same solvent?  STP alone had at least three products at
widely differing prices which all basically claimed the same thing on the
labels.  And there are a couple of "different" Techron stuff--any real
differences amongst them?  Personally, I've used the Lubro Moly Jectron and
Ventil sauber (?) and didn't notice any difference except that my wallet
was lighter.  Anyone?

B.  I know this gets brought up every couple months so I guess it's my
turn.  There seems to be the milky Armor All/Son of a Gun type vinyl
protectants, and then there are the clear ones.  I'm assuming the milky
stuff is all the same formulation.  Are all the clear ones like Black Magic
also the same?  I seem to get the message that Armor All (hence all the
milk products) are bad for vinyl.  Again, anyone?

dazed and confused, benton-------