Re: CD Changer in my '82

> > I am looking at the Sony 10 stack CD changer for my '82. I have done the
> > measurements in the glove box, and it seems that the indentation at the back
> > of this otherwise roomy glove box is just a bit too restrictive to allow the
> > changer to fit. Questions:
>
> Your right, It won't fit in the glovebox, I tried. And I don't beleive
> that it will without some major modifications to the whole dash cover.

Ok, been lurking for a while, but I thought I'd finally put in my two
cents.  You CAN mount the Sony changer in the glove box.  Remove the glove
box and cut the back of it out.  I used a jig saw and it was done in
seconds. Mount the changer as far forward in the glove box as you can,
making sure the glove box door will still close.  Don't use the brackets
that came with the changer. Run a few bolts through the side of the
glovebox, and use some rubber bushings to fill in any space between the
changer and the side of the glove box.  Easy! Now mount the glove
box/changer assembly back in the car.  The back of the changer will hit
the flexible ac/heater duct behind it.  YOu will have to modify the duct a
little.

No big deal! Good luck!

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club
"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco  (Check out the picture on my NEW and
                                    IMPROVED, but still changing webpage
                                    and email for more information)