Re: I wanna big throttlebody!!

> The wider intake manifold for the Scirocco 16v, from what I've heard, only
> increases top end torque and power, and that's where you need it less. For
> the 16v you should look for things that increase low end power (exhaust, 2.0
> block, Euro cams, power module) because that's where it lacks it.

For the record, the Euro cam (only exaust I believe the other is IDENTICAL),
is only for improving high rpm/high speed performance.  This makes more HP, about
135 verses about 125 for US spec 1.8 16v's. BUT the Euro cam makes less low end
torque, which is what the 1.8 16v lacks most.  If you think about where
Europeans, and especially Germans, drive this will make a lot of sense.  Speed
limits, at the time, were non-existant on many roads so high speed driving was
the norm.  The US, with it's much much lower highway speeds, got an engine
more suited to our typical 'needs'.  Now I'm not saying that with many other
kinds of modifications, the Euro cam won't help overall performance.  It's just
not at all suited for increasing low end power by itself.

==Brett