Re: I wanna big throttlebody!!

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, Vigus wrote:

> 	I am wondering how much can you increase the internal size of the
> intake manifold?  I know that Eurospec sold or used to sell a 50mm intake
> manifold for the 16v (but as the scirocco one was in low demand they
> wanted over $1000 for it when I talked to them) and how much good will
> this do you?

I'm not too sure how much it would cost to have someone port it out for
you...I know you can do better than the $1000 price tag for a Euro part
though.  I've seen used ones advertised locally (for A2s mind you) in the
$500 Cdn range.  And I've talked to people who have scoured English
wrecking yards and picked them up for a song....this was a couple years
ago, of course.

> 	But about the throttlebody CAN YOU GET A BETTER ONE FOR THE 16v or
> for just the 8v.

I think Velocity advertises for this...

-Riley McDowall
'87 16V Scirocco