performance

OK, I can't seem to make up my mind.  I think G60, wow, more power than
what I have traction for!!  Over 200 horses, that'd be cool!  Doesn't sound
like too much to make the swap.  Then I think, reliability, cost to work
on, availability.  My impression is that there are just a few more 8v 1.8
or 2.0's out there than G60's, i.e. cheaper parts for repairs.  I don't
know much about the G60 and would like some more info on it, any idea's?
How satisfied would I be with an all out hopped up 2.0 8v?  What are the
approximate cost comparisons outside of repairs vs the G60?  I won't be
autoxing, not yet anyway, just trying to blow away my fiance's 2.2L
Shelby-Z Turbo.  So as complicated a question as it is, just wondering about
the reasonable "bottom line" on performance and price for the two
routes.  For prices, "I'm thinking of a number..." under $5k.  Then, the
next question, cost and hassle of upkeep/repairs.  Suggestions?  Thanks.

	shadrach