to turbo or not to turbo...

can anything be done to my 86' 8v engine to produce substancial HP
gains?

On first thought I was just going to drop a G60 inthe engine bay
eventually, but..i know 0 about 8v so I though I'd ask ya'll... Anyway
to make a 8v perform at the lvl of a G60? Cost is also a factor, If
one is substancially cheaper I'd go that route. thanks

Ryan
'87 16v Mars Red Scirocco 100k!!! woowooo(did it today)
'86 8v Silver Scirocco 113k