Re: Need alternator bracket from non-ac scirroco

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 snoalh@unx.sas.com wrote:

> Hello Folks-
>   Does anyone know where I might find an alternator bracket from (or
> like) an 84 scirroco withOUT A/C?  I want to take the compressor off
> of mine.  Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated since non of the
> junk-yards in the area have one.

Timmons sold me all the parts to convert an A/C 1.6 L to non-A/C = About
$20. Needed new pivot bracket (bolts to block), Flat top mounting bracket
(slotted bar stock), bushing kit for top mount, pivot bolt, new water
pump pulley, and a new crank v-belt pulley. I have seen alot of
fabricated setups, but they always seemed to suffer from vibration and
alignment problems.

Harry