Re: Update on question running on 3 cyl.

>>What exactly is meant by cranking the motor?
>>

>        You turn the ignition key and the motor moves, has to be done from
>the ignition key or you won't get spark, which would defeat the purpose of
>the test.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Dan Ruddick
>Virginia Tech Engineering Uber Alles
>'87 Scirocco 8V
>"Yeah, but what are ya gonna do?"  -Homer Simpson, philosopher
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure since I don't have my Bentley with me now but I think if you
pull the fuel pump relay, you can turn the motor with the key and get spark
but without worrying about starting the motor/flooding the cylinder.

Somebody slap me quick and correct me if I'm shooting in the wrong
direction here.

Mute0, you should get a Bentley manual, it's pretty helpful even though it
does have it's share of mistakes (really sux).  I'm really unsure about a
lot of car  stuff so it makes me feel better if the various manuals
(Bentley, Haynes, Chilton) back each other up.  Also, the more pictures and
diagrams the better.

I think Amna Greaves mentioned the Robert Muir book.  Is this the "How to
Keep your Watercooled VW Alive" or some title like that?  A friend of mine
had one which came with his old Rabbit, but now both are gone (the car and
the book).  It looked really good but I haven't seen it anywhere in a
while.   I heard it's out of print?