Re: adjusting linkage...

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Kyle Binney wrote:

>   I got to swear and get really pissed, wish you better luck.  The annoying
>   part is repeated jacking up the car.  I know, you think you can tell what
>   gear your're going into but this is not always true.

Well, as someone who has repeatedly done this --and experienced the same
sort of frustration-- I can say that once you have done it 5-6 times, you
get the hang of it. By the way, you don't have to jack up/down the car
for every attempt. You can adjust and tighten the bolt while the car is
jacked up, then simply start the car and let your wheels roll and see if
all gears engage. (Of course, that is assuming you are NOT using ramps,
but are using jack stands).

Ilias