Re: 16v Bumpers for sale?

At 06:19 PM 12/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone here has 16v Bumpers for sale? Especially the euro ones? I know a guy
>who wants to buy them.

        I just wanted to make two points:

1.      Just about everybody wants to buy used Euro bumpers, they're like
the Recaro seats, everybody wants them, nobody can find them.

2.      The 16V bumpers are the same as the 8V bumpers, at least my and
Chris Taylor's bumpers are the same, it's just a U.S. regulation thing.
Euro bumpers do not meet the U.S. regulations for crash protection.  On the
other hand I made some homemade bumper substitutes that used the stock
covers pulled in about 2 inches and the car survived a hit to a Ford LTD
with no damage, just mangled the angle steel I used to make the bumpers, but
that's a $7 dollar repair.