Scirocco 16v for sale again!!!

This car is again for sale, I'm officially on the market for a Rabbit GTI,
preferably 84, maybe 83. Also considering Scirocco 1s.

The car is a silver (see below) 1987 Scirocco 16v, has 160k miles in it,
still runs strong and fast. It has sunroof (see below), old (and good) Alpine
stereo with four new Pioneer speakers, Tri-Y racing headers with free flow
exhaust and 3-1/2" exhaust tip (exhaust is a lil' noisy but I love it!), K&N
air filter, 15" alloy rims (not a famous brand) with 195/50-15 tires (two new
tires and two that need to be changed), three gauges replacing ashtray (oil
temperature, oil pressure, voltmeter (oil pressure needs to be hooked up))
and aluminum pedals.

This is a list of new parts installed on the car since I bought it on Sept.
1995:
- front shock absorbers (rear were changed before by last owner, they're
fine)
- two new tires, Falken 195/50-15
- distributor, Bosch
- distributor cap, Bosch
- distributor rotor, Bosch
- ignition coil, Bosch
- ignition wires, Beru (German OEM)
- platinum spark plugs , Bosch
- ignition module, Bosch
- hall sender, Bosch
- radiator (bought at dealership, it was actually cheaper tha anywhere else!)
- all main water hoses
- low-temp thermostat
- low temp cooling fan thermoswitch
- timing belt & its tensioner
- rebuilt transmission
- clutch
- engine mounts
- starter
- power steering pump
- all v-belts
- OEM oil pan & gasket
- brake pads, metallic
- headlights & bulbs in general
- sunroof seals

There's more than $3000 of newparts on this car. All vaccuum leaks have been
fixed by local Bosch service center.

This is what the car needs:
- Sunroof job: sunroof wouldn't work when I bought the car. The bottom trim
plate was bent and the rails are broken. Sunroof works now, but needs new
rails and trim plate.
- Front suspension: car needs new outer CV joints and right side wheel
bearing (I have the bearing, but ain't got the tools or time to put it on).
- Front right fender: got bent on traffic accident, I have a good fender I
bought in a junkyard that needs to be put in place and painted. There was no
structural damage on crash.
- Front bumper: needs new plastic cover, got smashed on right side on crash.
I know where you can get it for around $130.
- Body kit: needs one lil' plastic piece on bottom side of passenger door,
which fell from car. I know where you can get it for $30.
- Paint: faded and cracking.
- Shift linkage: it's sloppy, needs new bushings.
- Hood: has a lil' dent in it (from the inside). I was pushed out of the road
by some elderly, blind Cadillac driver and hit a 1' wide curb w/ oil pan.
That's why oil pan and engine mounts had to be replaced.

I also have a few parts that still have to be installed, as the above
mentioned wheel bearing, a driver's side outside electric mirror (one on car
needs to be replaced (this part only needs painting to be installed)), front
grille and trunk liners.

This car has been babied by me, but I'm afraid I can't do a good enough of a
job, so I want to pass it to someone who can take better care of it. This car
is very fast, faster than all other 16vs I met on red lights. The exhaust
sounds great and the engine runs very strong. I've changed the oil and its
filter every 3000 miles, and so has the owner before me. It does 23mpg in the
city and 30mpg on the highway.

I'm asking $2200 or best offer. I know this car needs some work to look good,
but little work to run good, and this price is a bargain foe all new parts I
have in it.

I'll consider trade for a Rabbit GTI (preferably 84) or Cabriolet in
reasonable shape, a Rabbit in good/great shape, or a Scirocco I or II or a
Fox (Sedan or Wagon) in good/great shape. YES I'M GOING EIGHT VALVE!
Maintenece is cheaper and there's more low end torque.

If interested, e-mail me at senomar@aol.com or call me at (305)251-8583. For
people who were interested the first time I posted this ad (like two months
ago), I wasn't sure about selling it then, but now I am! Please call again if
still interested.

Thanks and sorry for the lenghty letter!

--Ren.