Irony- Scirocco style

Here's a little story:

        I've had good luck with not hitting things with my car, so I decided
to remove my bumpers and install something a little lighter in weight, but
not the prohibatively expensive euro bumpers.  So I used some angle steel
and replaced the steel portions of my bumpers, recovering them with my
original plastic covers.  I was able to pull the plastice covers in by about
2 inches, creating a rather nice look.  The car looked good and was a lot
lighter.

        Then my car met the Ford LTD.  This morning I slid my scirocco right
into the back of a Ford LTD.  I wasn't going fast, it didn't damage the
plastic cover, but boy did that steel get mangled.  End result of this
story-  mangled, but replaceable(about $7) angle steel, no damage to the
car, slightly wounded pride.  All I need is a new piece of steel and grinder
with a cutting wheel and I'll be back in business.