Re: I wanna paint my wheels! Please help me :^)

At 11:46 PM 8/28/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I have been planning this for a while and since my car is now officially off
>the road I can paint the wheels.  My question is does anyone have any paint
>experience or a brand of paint that is good and weather resistant.  I am
>looking for a low-gloss flat black paint that I can spray myself.  Do you
>think this is too hard for me to risk myself?  Thanks a lot.
>--

Josh,

Be sure to utilize the correct type of primer for your
wheels; this will ensure the enamel paint will adhere correctly.
Most poor, short-lived paint jobs are the result of improper
primer [or none at all]. Also, always allow for several primer
and finish coats, with thorough drying time inbetween. Your local
automotive body and paint shop should be able to advise you
further.

Paul '87 SciroccoGTI 16v