Re: Rattling Front brakes. - 86 Scirocco

At 11:08 AM 8/26/96 -0400, you wrote:

>There's been this rattling sound coming from the front wheels.  I
>couldn't figure it out for the longest time.  Took it too a mechanic who
>suggested that I change the "caliper bushings".
>
>Anyways, I went and bought a set for each side of the rubber
>bushings.  Does anyone know if it's a big deal to change them?  Would I need
>special tools?  I was thinking of trying to switch them myself but don't want
>to get in over my head.
>The rattling in the front wheels kinda sounds like there's spare
>change in there, everytime I hit a slight bump in the road.

Actually it sounds more like you have got no hardware in you brakes. Im
talking about the clips that hold the brake pads steady, keeping them from
ratteling over bumps. My Scirocco does this but I cant gt to them until my
wheel lock key gets here in the mail..... another saga......

Shawn Meze