Impressions and Questions on "new" '83 'Rocco

-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Well I spent my first day of driving with my new '83 Scirocco today.  I just
got 4 Yoko A509's (These are GREAT tires BTW, I like them better that my
SP4000's on my 16v) so I could finally feel what the car is like without the
175/70 all-season crap tires on.  The car is nice but there are still a few
quirks that are stumping me.  One is that the car feels pretty "floaty."
Is this the suspension (i.e. shocks?) or is it just that I need an alignment
fairly badly?  Two is that the car runs at 115-120 degs C driving 50 miles
at 70-75mph.  Water temp is about halfway on the meter.  My friend has a '79
8v Scirocco that runs at 90-100 degs C.  Why woulds this be?  I think it
really needs an oil change too.  Last is I just put in a new brake master
cylinder and bleend the brakes (I took out about 1-1 1/2 pint) and the
brakes are still VERY loose.  Do the brakes need to be bled more because it
isn't leaking, does the cylinder need to be broken in, or do could it be
brake pads?  I would really appreciate some help.  Thanks a lot, Josh Clark