No Subject

	Tal Flagg wrote:

	I have had my on a 1981 Scriocco S for about 3 years now.  It is in used
car lot and needs a loving home.  I have had 4 type 1's, 1 Thing, 1
Jetta JLi 16v,Scirocco II 8v, and a Passat 16v.  The S would a project
car.  It has rust on the hatch, door and the exhaust is gone. They tell
me it runs. But I have not seen it.  I under stand the car is 16 or so
years old but how hard is it to find body parts, how must would it cost
to upgrade to an knock sensor engine and trans for a mid/late 80's car
(8V). The car has not moved in three years.  How much is it worth. Worst
case about how much would it cost to get in good shape. (new and good
used parts)

	Tal I have owned for over a year now a 1980 Scirocco S.  I purchased it from a private owner here in Conn.  He had hit a tree in the front passenger side fender.  I was able to get a fender new at that time for $73 to my door!  I can't get those any more.
	Body parts are tougher to find but drivetrain and suspension etc. are readily available.  They are the same as rabbits.
	I put in a 86' GLI RD block motor in my car.  It has the TT 268 cam and exhaust.  I lucked out with the motor and only paid $350.  Plus I am in the process of putting in the knock sensor ignition and (hold on) I paid paid $120 for the wiring harness.
	That price included both the fuel injection computer and the ignition computers!  I was floored!
	I paid $500 for the car and an extra transmission.
	Let me warn you though having upgraded to the RD motor has doomed me living the autocross life in D modified.  Which in my present financial condition makes me very uncompetitive.  So if you want to autocross I suggest getting the solid lifter
motor out of a GTI or older scirocco.

	I say no matter what GET THE CAR!  I love mine, it is like a super go-kart that really goes.  It is my daily driver and never has failed to start.  I like it as much as my Alfa.

							DOM!