I need some advice

-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I finally got a second car and it's another Scirocco!  It's an '83 with 100k
on it and it runs great.  New tires are coming Friday, I put in a new master
cylinder yesterday, and it also needs a new battery.  I am very psyched on
it.  Anyway to my point:  I am consequently taking my '87 16v of the road
for the fall/winter and just want some advice as to how I should store it,
(I think I can get access to a garage) how often I should run it, and I
should take the battery out right?  Anything else you can tell me would help
out a lot. Thanks,
Josh Clark