Re: Help - clutch failure

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> the cable is ALL there.. i know it is not in the cable.
> As for the throw out lever there is tension on it - but if i manualy pull it
> all the way down then try and shift it the gears still grind... any other
> suggestions?

The throwout lever should be pushed up of course; I can't imagine you should
be able do do it with bare hands, it's extremely stiff. The lever pushes
a rod that runs inside the length of the mainshaft toward the engine which
pushes the center of the pressure plate releasing the cluch. You may have
a broken pressure plate; I've never seen one. Is this common, anyone?

John K. Gates
UNIX Systems Administrator
mail: john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu
homepage url: http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john