Re: Shine Racing in Walpole MA & VR6 Scirocco..

>At 09:27 AM 8/15/96 -0700, Rodney Noriel wrote:
>>Johnny,
>>
>>What can you tel us about this possible VR6 upgrade.  Is there a kit or is
>>he proposing some kind of rework on the engine bay (weld in subframe...
>>etc).
>>I have an 82 and was considering a VR6, but looks like I'll attempt a G-60.

I have also written Bob in the past. According to him a G60
conversion is just way to expensive into and A1 car. he said you
need an entire donor corrado really to do the work right. Also you
had better have a lot of time on your hands and knowledge in your
head. Definately not something I would be up to. Bob reccommended
to me a 2.0l 8V (when he thought I had an 8V) He said 150HP is
obtainable with a cam port and polished head exhaust and I am not
sure which. I think he actually mentioned Techtonics motors saying
I could get one and have it put in for about $2500. In his opinion
this is very economical and goes like hell.