RE: Selling BBS 14" rims / ? about scirocco rims

----------
Speaking of 15" wheels, has anyone ever had any luck using them with
50-series
tires w/respect to denting them?  I had been extremely tempted to put
195/50-15s on my '81, but after witnessing my girlfriend's experience with
her Corrado (granted, the early Corrado wheels are like putty) I went with
'84 GTI 14" rims.  I'm extremely happy with the way they look and perform
(Yokohama A509s) but I'm wondering if anyone is using low-ratio tires with
15" rims and not regretting it.

Kevin,

I found this post on the corrado list from a French magazine:

Here's the scoop on the wheel test performed by Auto Motor und Sport:

Very good:    OZ, Lorinser and BBS
Good:         Brabus, Ronal, AZEV
Acceptable:   Borbet
Unacceptable: AMG

Personally I bent my original Corrado 15" wheels much llike your
girlfirends car did.  I then purchased Borbet type "A" in a 16X7.5 w
215/40/16.  I must say that a good aftermarket wheel in verysolid and don't
thing you'll have any problems.  I love these Borbets and will testify that
they are very strong.  I've done things to these wheels that make my CD
player blush (skip).. After four years, they have dents, but not that bad.
 My original wheel was TWWEEKED after one pit whole.