Re: how much hp do I have?...

 I have a scirocco (16v 1.8L)
 with
 Euro Intake
 TT 2.25" exaust
 Lowered 1"
 better final drive ratio
 VERy well tuned.
 I've been rated at 155 hp - this is of course the opnion of he who rated
it..
 so i'll give you that to work from.

 Ok now i have a few questions for you.
 Out of the mods that you did and i didnt
 (street ported head &feul enrich)
 how much did they cost and were they worth it
 (consider: gas millage/speed/top end/bottom end/price)
 thanks!
 -- >>
well, I've seen Techtonic's flow bench and dyno results and they indicate
about a 20hp increase with the head job. I paid about $800 for it barely
used. with no other modifications, it felt about normal from  idle to
3000rpm. after that, from maybe 3 - 3750k it felt relly noticeable, and then
above that it was pulling like crazy! with the addition of the European
intake cam (procured by a friend in the UK -$50 w/20k miles on it), the
bottom end dropped off just a little bit, and then everything changed around
4k. the exhaust note becomes more gruff and snarly and it just takes off.

now keep in mind that my car is a Scirocco I. I'm not sure what it's
torque/hp characteristics are like in the heavier cars. also, remember that
I'm running a 2.0l which may respond better to headwork. I dunno...

lastly, the fuel enrichment only added maybe 5hp or so, but made the
mid-range fatter, with sharper throttle response, and the highs worth revving
to. it also burbles more on engine overrun. cool! :^) you're going to have to
wait about a month and a half for the fuel enrichment though; I got a
prototype. :^)

conclusions:
all parts substantially increased performance relative to their costs
-especially the head. the drop off of bottom-end power was fine in my light
car, considering what the gain on top was. gas mileage was not changed
noticeably.

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut