Re: Stalling update (or, I feel soooo stupid!!)

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Lisa & Rick wrote:

> Mine only overheats at idle (or reduced speed, as in traffic stop &
> go).  I also wondered about the water pump impeller (read in the FAQ)
> problems that sometimes occur on these.  Seems the sensor would be
> the cheapest and easiest to try.

Did you check to see if the stream going back into your reservoir is strong?
Most likely if it is, and the fan doesn't run much, that's the thing to look
at.. Since you mentioned (I think) that your fan runs some, probably the thing
to suspect would be the sensor.... My fan runs quite a bit in the summertime
(it usually averages around 80 degrees around here, I'm in upstate NY) even
though the water temp gauge stays almost dead center...

> Simply call the dealer with your VIN handy.  They took the info and

Thanks!

John K. Gates
UNIX Systems Administrator
mail: john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu