Re: Greeting form a new member

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996 ShawnMeze1@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-08-03 01:08:19 EDT, John wrote:
>
> One thing I have heard also is that by changing the rear brakes to disk, it
> has no performance on our cars. (Im sure those of you will correct me if I am
> wrong) I have the stock solid rotors up front and drums in the rear. (I run

Hmm.. mine came with vented rotors in front.. With the Kelsey-Hayes calipers,
I believe...

> in DSP and cant modify my brakes, or I would have larger front vented rotors)
> I also use Ferodo pads and Castrol GTLMA fluid (Great all around combination
> for street and track cars) and to be honest with you, I have yet to get brake
> fade! I do some serious downhill high speed braking at times and I fully
> expect them to fade out a little. Not yet. Maybe when the fluid gets a little
> older it will happen.

Hmmm... pads and fluid noted.. thanks!

> I think there are better mods you can perform for your money unless you just
> love the way rear rotors look thru the wheels!! I know I do....

Actually I am hoping to put the car away and work on it for a few years..
Was kinda wondering what enhancements would be worth the money during a
full restoration.... I can see that with the weight distribution, especially,
the rear brakes don't do much but was wondering if there might be some
improvement with discs.. Thanks for the input! :)

John K. Gates - UNIX Systems Administrator
john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john
'85 8v Scirocco