Re: Greeting form a new member

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> Hrm, well I always though...besides converting to 11" (big disc)
> brakes that the scirocco's 4-disc breaking system was good enough and
> didn't require further upgrades to achieve better performance. For
> the cost..upgrading your rotors and pads would prob be the best way to go.
>
> Ryan
> '87 16v Sciroccoooo.....

Hmmm.. When did they start putting 4 discs on? I assume with the 16V's?
The quick brake fade that comes with repeated braking is the only performance
aspect of my '85 that I have ever found less than great; I have drums in
the back, of course. Has anyone put this newer 4-disc system on an older
Scirocco?

John K. Gates - UNIX Systems Administrator
john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john
'85 Scirocco 8v...