Fuba antenna

This has probably been covered and I didn't pay attention but I'm installing a new head unit into my 16v today and I noticed the previous jack-ass amatuer thinks-he-knows car electronics guy had grounded the extra little black wire coming from the Antenna.  My hunch is that is to power the antenna amplifier and I should hook it to the orange powered antenna spot off the new head unit.  This guy's wiring was so fabulous, twist and electrical tape is the name of the game.   Sometimes when I'd go over a bump one or more of the speakers would cut out.  Glad to find out it wasn't my ears after all.

--
Geordy