Callaway Charge issues

Aside from the all the positive wires there is the ussual ground  wire to the engine itself. Although I have seen wires to the valve covers, ac brackets and such. So just pointing out the obvious, get grounded like D.B. mentioned and get that exciter hooked up. Then re-run your test.

"John C. Worden" <johncworden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I would assume the charging system is like the MkIIs and if it is,
it won't charge unless that exciter wire is hooked up. All you'll
read is battery voltage. I ran into this many years ago and the
list was quick to point it out and of course they were right.

John

At 06:46 AM 9/25/07, Dan Bubb wrote:

>Well, I'd assume the exciter wire is there for some reason so first
>off I'd connect that.
>Second I'd run a dedicated ground wire from the alternator case to the
>battery negative.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!