Callaway Charge issues

I don't get it.

I can't find my 90amp alternator so here is what I am trying to do.

I took the alternator out of the car went to flaps and miss chiclet
finally figured out how to bench test it between chewing her gum and
telling me that if it isn't stock she can't test it.

Grrrr.

Passed all three tests diode pack volt regulator and I guess the third
one was voltage.

So I take it back to the mechanic that rebuilt the engine to ask for
65amp alt wire harness parts.  He gives me a few female blade
connectors in that size and a couple pieces of 8 gauge wire.

I buiild a new wire loom and connect it directly to the battery.  B+
B+ to positive (31 wire?)  start it up and take a voltage measurement.
 12.07 vdc  I shut the car off and it goes to 12.37 vdc.  I didn't
bother with the blue wire--I figured it would self excite.

SUGGESTIONS?  Before I lose my brains?