Cross Post from Vortex and lense repair.

Replacing the 60A with a 90A is an easy swap and one of the first things I
do to all my 60A alt A1s.  I beleive you will have to switch out the plug to
the newer 90A style and you might have to change the pulley out depending on
what car you got the alternator out of to line the belt up.  Also might have
to change out the upper support bracktet depending on how your new alt
mounts up.  I try and get the upper brscket with the teeth on it that uses
the bolt with the geared collar on it.  I have some spares if you want one.
Best alt to get would be out of newer S2 8V.  If you do get a used one check
the brushes/voltage regulator and replace if worn down.
My brother's alt went out this week and I will be looking for replacements
at the yard since I got flown back to PDX for an emergency survey job.  Let
me know if you want a used 90A. There are a lot of A2s and A3s in the yard
now days which also means there is finally lots of ABAs to go around too.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5