driver's side window remote control unit

Late 84 Scirocco, Wolfsburg edition - I'm trying to get the panel off of the driver's side door. The only thing in my way is this little driver's side window remote control unit. I can't make out a panel or anything where there's a nut or a bolt or anything. Does anybody know how to get these things off? It has a toggle type of switch that you turn to
  "L" or "R" - the switch doesn't work, but by this point I'm just trying to get it off without injuring it so I can get at other stuff. The thing illustrated in the Bentley manual I've got is a different type of unit - what a surprise.

  Also if anybody's got any tips on how to get multi-connectors off that'd be great - Spewey was really generous, wrote me directions on how to switch out a voltage stabilizer, sold and mailed me one of 'em. Trouble is, the multi-connectors on this instrument cluster are like the sword in the stone -- you can pull and pull tell hell freezes over and they're like cemented in there.... Thanks!

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.