Two things to do right now.

>Another related thought is that a tranny I took apart recently had the
>sludgiest parts I've ever seen. It was also extremely dirty on the outside.
>I assume that the dirt on the outside caused the tranny to run hot and
>cause the sludge. I know it's a total pain in the ass for some of you, but
>you might want to consider pressure washing your engine compartment and in
>particular the transmission.

Also a good idea to...
    Replace the seal or the gasket...
    that leaks the oil...
    that runs down the engine onto the transaxle or out of the transaxle
itself...
    that makes the trans slimy...
    that helps dirt and grit stick to it...
which is what created the coating of schmudge to begin with.
    Fix the problem, not the symptom.

Karl

Get a FREE small business Web site and more from Microsoft® Office Live!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930003811mrt/direct/01/