Akebono brake pads

Thanks, everyone.

I should have said this is for my Pop's car, and though he likes to have
the High Output 3.5L when he needs it, he still mostly drives like a 75
year old would.  No track, no race.

The guys on the 300 forum were all buying 4 drilled/slotted on ebay for
way too cheap to be decent metal ($150).  And then they had problems
with noise and wear.  I would never buy anything but Brembo or Ate for
VWs because that Chinese iron is crap.  Looks like I can get 4 Brembos
for $220 for this thing.  EBC green for 60 an axle, EBC Ultimax for 40.
http://www.buybrakes.com/

Ah, yes, tirerack has Brembos or Ate atom-groove for a little less.  And
an Ate ceramic pad I hadn't seen anywhere else.  Still about $330 total.
  But I like the idea of Ate all around.

The OE pads are said to be ceramic but stealer wants way too much for
them and the akebonos sounded like the closest thing.  The main thing I
don't want is for the chrome 17"s to get dirty because they never have.

"There is no such thing as a NO DUST pad."
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/greenstuffinfo.html

Then wtf are his old ones made from?  I couldn't believe he had never
done brakes in 80K mi but dayum, them's was gude.