Which to buy if either/ Struts

Yes, that's a handy tool...

If you don't care about destroying the old strut cartridge, you can clamp a
ViseGrip on the strut rod, as tight as you can get it on there, through one
of the gaps in the spring coils, and then use a regular socket, with a
breaker bar on it.
You might have to clamp the strut in a vise, to stabilize it...

If you are re-using the strut body, you might have a hard time getting the
retainer nut off. I first spray the threads with PB Blaster, holding/resting
it upside down, and after a few minutes, I clamp it in a vise, and then try
turning the retainer with one of my chain ViseGrips, which usually doesn't
work. If you are going to try to heat it up, be careful, because the
cartridge could be charged with gas, and could explode. So I usually skip
that step, and make 2 cuts perpendicular with the strut body, being careful
not to cut into the threads, and sometimes this will allow you to loosen the
retainer nut. If not, keep cutting it, and pry one of the right sides out,
and sometimes this will allow you to turn it off. An air hammer will help
turn it off, but you have to be careful, that you don't screw up the
threads. If it still won't turn off, just keep cutting until it comes off.
Sometimes I have to cut the top of the retainer off...

HTH!

Peter - 302.832.8989
http://thescirocco.com
My new Pay Pal is: paypal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx