Mk1 FS on Memphis Craigslist

Yep, as a point of reference, I had a brand new 1977 Firebird, 350 4bbl
with a spoiler (not quite a Formula). It was $5600 with all the taxes etc.
I recall seeing a bill of sale in a 88 16V at the yard and it was about as
much as my 99 New Beetle was new, like 27 grand. So, yep, they weren't
cheap cars.
Cathy