See what you've driven me to?

I still need to drive it, but it rises just barely from rest when cold
(still in the width of the first narrow white line), and seems to go about
a quarter of the way up when I dip (a spare) sensor into water that was
boiling in the house but has lost some heat on the trip out, likely 80C or
so. So we'll see what it does in real life. I just want it to register
something useful, not too concerned about where it actually reads as long
as it isn't pegged at max. This is with 1X100ohm plus 5X10 ohms soldered
up. That wont' live for long in the engine bay, but it'll test the theory
effectively. I'd drive the car, but in the meantime I have five other
things pulled apart. What a shock.
Cathy