Tap tap tap

I have always called them watchcaps (so noted in the wiki) there's a
NSN associated with "watchcap" so that is the official name.  The US
government is never wrong.  (rolls eyes)  And it was part of my
uniform in the Navy believe it or not.

I am kidding btw.  Of course they have been wrong in the past... maybe once.  :)

That's cool that there is that much history behind it.  I had no idea.
 I have used beanie interchangeably but I have been so corrected and
will stop.  I am not sure I can convert my heathen ways to actually
use Touque in a sentence, but I will refrain from calling it a beanie.