Smell of Gas

So I went to the DCI BBQ in Portland got really wet and... well...

So coming back.  I noticed something.  Well let me back up... on the
way down I was getting rainbow puddles everytime I stopped.  The
puddles were there of course this is the Pacific Northwest, it's just
that Rainbow Brite was pissing in them to make them interesting to
look at.

So I go there car sits for a few hours HUGE rainbow.  I check oil, oil
is good.  I check coolant just to make sure coolant is good, I didn't
think coolant makes Rainbow Brite pee funny, so I kinda dismiss it as
ok it was raining heavy this is the farthest I have driven it maybe
the water has washed some of the crap off under the chassis.

I leave to go home put on little boost on her and rut roh raggy what's
that I smell?  GAS.

It only seems to do it under full boost and I am not sure but I think
the whooshing of the turbo may have gotten a little louder.  It's hard
for me to gauge because I was listening to my Ipod on the way down,
and not so much on the way back as I was uber paranoid.  I was trying
not to have a Weezer Say it ain't So moment.

Ideas?

Take it back to the mechanic?

Hunt for the gas leak with a match?