2L 16v engine work ok with (base) CIS?

On 10/9/07, Jeff Toomasson <area53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IIRC - they do exist, but not in the US...maybe even euro only. I'm 98% certain
> that any 16v sold here came with A/C...
>
> JT (who will probably have to do the same or cough up for the serpentine setup)

Damn...  What serpentine setup do you speak of?  I have a spare serp
alternator from the TDI.  After screwing around with two A2 accessory
belt setups in as many days I'm all for a serpentine setup.  The A2
belt setup with a/c and power steering is the most convoluted piece of
bastard engineering I have seen on a VW, and the belts seem to need
bi-weekly tightening to keep from squealing (which is a PITA)...

Later,

Mark.
75
82