Have you seen this? Counteract rust. I saw it on SPEED today

I bought a similar product back about 1989 when I was
in Okinawa. Our cars rusted pretty fast there, and
with the device I got rust anyway, who knows, maybe it
would have rusted more if I had not installed it, it's
hard to say. One differance is that it's almost 20
years later so the technolgy may be better.
The best thing people had for rust there was some kind
of zinc/tar mix that was sprayed all over any exposed
metal, and on the inside of doors, jams, trunk lid,
hood etc. They sprayed it in after drilling small
holes for the sprayer. I remember few people did it
because it was pretty expensive, but those that had it
had little to no rust.