From: "Karl Krupke" <kkrup62@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List SciroccoOrg" <scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Transaxle Q

Hi list,
    I've got a line on an FF transaxle from an '81 that's being parted (not sure if trans is original to the car)
    Can anyone tell me what the FF's ratios are, and when/ what models it was installed to as stock? I don't know the trans codes enough to know if this is a close ratio short geared box or the more livable tall geared box. I like the (stock) box in my '81, decent power but really nice highway cruising; about 32- 3300 rpm at 80mph or so. I'd like to get hold of a spare if this FF is the equivalent.

thanks, Karl