From: Karl Krupke [mailto:kkrup62@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:44 PM
To: List SciroccoOrg
Subject: Transaxle Q

Hi list,
    I've got a line on an FF transaxle from an '81 that's being parted
(not sure if trans is original to the car)
    Can anyone tell me what the FF's ratios are, and when/ what models
it was installed to as stock? I don't know the trans codes enough to
know if this is a close ratio short geared box or the more livable tall
geared box. I like the (stock) box in my '81, decent power but really
nice highway cruising; about 32- 3300 rpm at 80mph or so. I'd like to
get hold of a spare if this FF is the equivalent.

thanks, Karl