Closed-Cell Foam-- Noise Abatement and Structure Reinforcementdebate continues

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark F. [mailto:mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:37 PM
To: David Utley
Cc: scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Closed-Cell Foam-- Noise Abatement and Structure

On Nov 23, 2007 10:56 PM, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> <http://www.marinefoam.com/handi-foam.html?page_type=flotation-foams>

> This one is much cheaper, but it appears to be a weaker strength...

> <http://www.jgreer.com/Foam%20Page.htm>
>
> Reactions?
>
> David

Interesting...  Thanks for the info.  I didn't find any strength info
for the second link though.  One thing I saw in the technical data
sheet for the first link is that it "cures to a semi-rigid close cell
foam".  Is "semi-rigid" what we're after?
------------------

Yeah, that second link needs to have some strength info, might be able to
get that if we called them directly, I don't know.  And yes, we are after
rigid foam for the fact that we are not only interested in killing some
noise, but helping make the body more rigid.  This would not be as much an
issue with the Sciroccos as it might be with the other A1s IMO.

Is there such a thing as a "rigid" pourable/sprayable urethane foam?

I think it becomes rigid after it sets-up.  All expanding foams become rigid
to some degree, as long as they fully cure.  But maybe I misunderstand your
question?

David