Ah, Seafoam

My roomate has had a nasty oil problem in his less than healthy Jetta
- that is he was burning/leaking and instead of doing anything about
it just kept pouring more oil in.  Well it finally took a crap on him
so he took it in to a shop and they cleaned out his crankcase and oil
pump, put in a new filter, yada yada.  I told him Seafoam might be a
good idea at this point to help de-gunk everything too.  The idea is
that we went really generous on the stuff because he's doing some
highway driving for thanksgiving, after which we'll change the oil and
filter again to make sure anything that got loosened up gets out.

So anyways, today was seafoam day.  Put half a bottle in the gas, half
in the oil, and sucked another half a bottle into the manifold.
Killed it and let it sit a few minutes.  On startup we had enough
smoke pouring out the back to piss off every neighbor in a 3 block
semicircle.  Then, just to make sure, we drove around the neighborhood
for a few minutes.  I'm a little worried that even after 10-15 minutes
of idling, he's still smoking, but hopefully it's still just years of
neglect being shed off the innards of the car.

So if you haven't seafoamed your car lately, go pick a bottle up.  Too much fun.

-Grant-