Here's what I got...Here's what I want...1.8t and 16v parts

Ok just got my 1.8t AEB head back from the shop. $450 for the rebuild! Does that sound high to anyone else?

Anyway after I finish off my 99 Passat and officially get it up and running as my DD, I want to build a 2.0 16v and a 2.0 turbo project for my 86 scirocco and my 86 Jetta GLI

I have:
2.0 9A block (with pistons n crank)
2.0 3A block (with pistons n crank)
2 16v heads
1.8t motor - blown rod and traditional 12 bent valves on the head from timing belt break, turbo and all the extra's still attached.
1.8 16v block out of 88 scirocco
1.8 8v from 84 wolfsburg rocco (R.I.P.)

4K tranny with an extra .75 (I think it's a ACH or ACN that's sitting in the basement)

I know there was some talk awhile back about the 1.8t compatability and head swapping with 16v's. I didn't read up then.
Anyway I noticed that the 1.8t fuel rail fits the 16v intakes so that would work with a 16v that was cut for short runner. 8-)

I was wondering what else is compatible with 1.8t and 16v?

Anybody ever matched up the runners on the 1.8t intake with a 16v and welded one up?  Has a nice throttle body with tps for MS 8-)

Anyway anybody got any input on what to use out of each to make my 2 projects happen easiest and cheapest?

Nicest/Coolest 8-)

Thanks
David