No Scirocco for US

> Dumb-ass m-f-son-of-a-b. All it would need to be is
> the two door version of the existing
> Golf/Rabbit/R32/Audi A3 model 'niche'.  Once you
> committed to the stamping of the sheet metal most all
> the other parts are (to quote Mr. Meze) "same-same".
>
> Knuckleheads.
>
> Must the Marketing bean counters _always_ dictate
> direction?  And why are they (VW) re-using the Rabbit
> name then? What about a smallish, young crowd-ish,
> even entry level type model?
>
> TBerk

Not adjusting to gmail well, sorry if this got sent to the list twice
... twice...
Well, we're once again looking seriously at the entry level city
Jetta, it's a brand new A4 Jetta that will cost about many$grand less
than its A5 counterpart, and has the full dealer warrantee, etc. (like
10 grand, but the city Jetta comes more stripped down than any A5)
This is for my crash test dummy daughter, not me. That's VWs idea of
entry level, letting you buy an older design for less money. It would
be really nice if they'd extend that back to the first generation, and
that's what I'm doing to fill the NewScirocco void. I'll be getting a
mid-life crisis convertible, an A1 cabby. There's nothing on the lots
that I like better/am willing to shell out the bucks for. That leaves
me in need of a newer winterbeater at some point, and if the bug
starts failing I'll be looking at srtipped down city Golfs, they're
about 15 grand and change new. I was kidding myself about the
NewScirocco anyway, lets face it, it'd come in at about 45 grand here,
and I can't do that. Even the GTI is too much for my budget, and
honestly? I see GTI/R32?Golf-Rabbit as all variants of the same car.
Talk about fracturing a niche. What I REALLY don't need is a Phaeton.
So much for my cross country trip to get a NewScirocco eh?
Cathy